Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life on a Rainy Day




How do most people spend their time on rainy days? I can only imagine....

On Tuesdays, we only have one measly class from 8:30 am to 9:50 am and then we're finished with school for the rest of the day (except for those unlucky people that have lab on Tuesdays... thankfully, I'm not one of those people). Why they ever thought that scheduling only one class was a good idea... It makes people want to skip class on rainy days like today... Now, don't get the wrong idea. I went to class (even though I didn't want to...) Mainly because it's only the 2nd week of classes.  I figured I would come straight home and crawl into bed and take a nap.  But noooo.... being the person that I am, I came straight home and stripped my bed to wash the sheets, vacuumed the living room and bedroom... and well continued to clean the baseboards and dust the shelves.... and... it just never seems to stop. 

I can't focus on studying, taking a nap, planning our wedding.... or whatever else I might need to do until the house is clean and purdy... Makes no sense, I know.

I then begin to brainstorm while I'm cleaning... (this never stops actually).  I am constantly thinking of ways to re-do a room or even my whole house.  I usually have to talk myself out of it because I just live in a townhouse right now and won't be here for much longer than 3 years I'm sure.

But, right now, I want to re-do my bedroom.  In August, Chris will be moving in with me and I want him to feel like it is his space too...(plus I need to make room for his stuff anyway... so it's a good reason for me to redecorate). I want to get rid of my tall dresser ( I don't even know why I bought it... it's not very cool looking...) and I want to get two chests of drawers kinda like this one to put on either side of the bed to double as night stands...




cute, huh?








I have also noticed a common theme in magazines... rugs in the bedroom. Big.Pretty.Rugs. It doesn't matter if you have wood floors, carpet floors, or tiled floors.... rugs look great in the bedroom.  I need one. NOW!



Now.... I also want to paint my bedroom walls a more soothing color. (Right now they are a brownish color - its what the builders chose)  Maybe gray? or maybe go really bold and do navy? ...nah... I wouldn't be able to pull off a bold color.  I also LOVE chandeliers! I would definitely put one up in my bedroom if a ceiling fan wasn't a necessity....

All this color talk is getting me excited for WEDDED WEDNESDAY! I'll introduce you all to our wedding color combo and maybe some other details if I'm feeling really "gabby."










2 comments:

  1. yay!!! welcome to blogland! love it! and i CANNOT WAIT for wedded wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome! I will be a faithful follower!

    ReplyDelete