Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WEDDED WEDNESDAY

On Wednesdays I will try to update everyone on any wedding planning progress. I know all the girls will love this one!  Since this is the first post about it, I will tell you how the wedding planning began... when my now fiancee proposed, he proposed with a small white cake with writing in teal that said "Will You Marry Me?" and next to it was a red rose.  So... the wedding thoughts began... and my first question was not "when?" but "what colors?"

Our choice of colors (due to my ingenious fiancee) are tiffany blue and claret (or the color of a red rose). I love this color combo... anywhere and everywhere.  I love it in design, in wedding pictures, in outfits... in jewelry... everywhere!










Okay if you haven't fallen in love with it yet... then it's just not meant to be for you.... but I am obsessed with it!  I love the candy canes... this lead to the idea of a candy table at our reception.... I love the fun tie for the guys (I'm not sure if all the groomsmen will go for it though...).  I am constantly looking for new fun ideas!  The place I'm having trouble is ideas for the centerpieces...  I need to use the ivory linens that are provided for us to save on the budget... so how else can I bring in the blue (since the flowers will more than likely bring in the red)?? Any ideas out there? 

4 comments:

  1. you know i love it. i still like the idea of somehow wrapping the centerpiece boquets with the blue ribbon... and i LOVE the napkins you have in one of the pictures (the blue with the little red flowers) it would look awesome if you had something like that at each place setting. i LOVE it all.

    PS... i am also totally in love with your blog background:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combination is going to be absolutely stunning!! Just like you! So glad you decided to start a blog :) I was hoping you this would happen AND that you would spill the guts on your wedding planning process!!

    Lots of love - Stacie (one of Julia's work friends!! :-) ..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it -- those were the colors I wanted to, but my lovely husband wouldn't let me do the red -- so I did the blue and white.
    but I still wish I had = )
    have fun with the planning !! and Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenna
    I am a friend of Julia's. I met you at Katie's wedding. Anyways I say the link on Julia's page and thought I would stop by. I think your wedding colors are going to look so good. Wedding planning is so fun.

    ReplyDelete