Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedded Wednesday

We are one of those crazy couples that is trying to do everything ourselves... so first we tackled the invitations. Here's how:


First we typed up our invitations on my little computer, using microsoft word.


Then we went to the Samford University Print Shop and had 200 invitations printed AND cut to size for a whopping 20 bucks!


Then off to my sister's house in Louisville Kentucky to have her help us design our lovely invites.


We started, simply by rounding the corners.... As my sister always says, "Rounded corners makes everything prettier."


*before*

*after*




Then we got to cutting... and Little Cat said we were doing it wrong, so he taught us a few things....







some wrapping around the invitation...



and then some tying... and for the grand finale....



SO CUTE!
.......


.....welll.... turns out we had a problem... that beautiful knot we tied (hours and hours of knot tying... and lots of trouble finding enough of that ribbon) wouldn't mail very easily.  It would get caught in the mailer machine and would probably arrive in the mailbox (if it made it) all ripped up and junk. NOT COOL. This made me angry, I wanted to have cute invitations... not boring ones. Well.... turns out, my sister had this stamp and embossing powder and a heat embossing gun (she has every craft supply ever!) that she thought would be cute to use for something for the wedding but didn't know what. 


I decided that the ribbon had to go. :( trust me, this made me verrrryyy sad.  I said I would only let the ribbon go if we could find a way to use all of those precut ribbons somehow, someway at the reception.  A friend of my mom's had a great idea for the ribbon (a deet I can't let you in on until later... I don't want to give away everything).  Soooo off to embossing Chris and I went.  Actually.... Chris did most of the work, and he did such a great job!


cute, huh?


a close up

The stamp is a birdcage with a little birdie inside.  This is perfect for our wedding because our wedding theme is "lovebirds." I am happier with the second grand finale, so I'm glad I had to stress over what to do with the ribbon and such. :)

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHA!! love the little cat shot! and it's true... rounded corners make everything better... you can't deny it.

    ReplyDelete