I've been feeling a little behind lately.... Feeling like I haven't had time to really clean my bathroom or put the pillows back how I like them in the living room.
With two roommates, I try really hard not to be too picky about how everything is in the common area... but sometimes it gets to me. So, it seems that this weekend I will be spending my time cleaning a little more.
I would love to give everyone a virtual tour of my home, but right now I'm not happy with it. I would like to wait until either 1) I do a before & after project or 2) I feel like I have a little bit more pride in my decor.... (which means.... I need my sister to come over and play interior designer with me ASAP!)
This weekend was/is filled with a little bit of everything. Friday night I spent relaxing.... a little take-out.... a little TV (aka LAZY). Chris and I find ourselves getting sucked into the food channel a lot... it's a miracle we're not amazing chefs...ha. Saturday was spent playing around on my new mac book pro (YAY!!) in the morning and working in the afternoon at ol' CVS pharmacy where we get some of the craziest people. I'm telling you... I've had some weird conversations in my days at CVS (That's a whole different story for another day)
In relation to pharmacy, the FDA just released that Gardasil, the HPV vaccine, (typically advertised for girls, but boys can get the vaccine too and I encourage that) has now been approved to prevent not only cervical cancer but anal cancer as well... This is a pretty big deal. It's the only vaccine that can prevent cancer!
And then Sunday... my new fave day! Chris and I usually attend the 11:30 service at Church of the Highlands and nooowww (as of last week) in the evenings we have our pre-marital counseling small group! It's so fun and interesting! Our mentor couple seem like the sweetest couple in the world! They've been married for 30 years and they have two boys... They're oldest son, however passed away from cancer when he was 10. I was heart broken for them when they told us that, but they said they could teach us how to make it through the toughest times.
I spent the rest of my time this weekend daydreaming about what to do with my home now....
obsessing over everything WHITE with a pop of color... ideas from over at the decorista
Love this high gloss bathroom.... love love love. Nothing more to say.
![]() |
LOVING THESE ORANGE INSPIRED HEADBOARDS.... ohhh how I long for a beautiful plush headboard.....
ughh... drooling over it!
(still loving the rugs in the bedroom....)
and last but not least.... a wall full of bookshelves!
Who needs a library when you can have a beautiful wall of shelves! I am going to do this.... when I have time. Ha.
(oh and still loving all of the rugs! ha)





LOVE the bookshelf wall. and wishing i could click my heels and be in birmingham... would love a good sister/decor weekend.
ReplyDeleteNot only do we need a weekend full of design, but also a weekend full of style! It's time for another closet swap!
ReplyDeleteYou could get book shelf wallpaper like Maddie's parents have, it looks so real and then you don't have to buy thousands of books!
ReplyDelete